Libraries that I have used, worked at or simply visited!

Now check out our Flickr page!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Andrew Carnegie in the Caribbean???!!!


Well, he might not have been on the island of Barbados, but one of his libraries certainly is. Founded in 1904, it is one of the few libraries found outside of the United States or Carnegie's native Scotland. Unfortunately when I visited Bridgetown, the capital of Barbados, back in January of 2007, I was informed by someone on the street that the whole place closed down two weeks before due to an epidemic! What I really find mysterious is that I could not locate the website or any further information on this library's current operations. Did it close permanently? I guess I'll have to arrange another trip to the island to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment