Libraries that I have used, worked at or simply visited!

Now check out our Flickr page!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

>>> American Philatelic Research Library <<<



Here's a special library, and when I say "special", I mean it! Throughout my life I have been an avid stamp collector and I used to make a yearly pilgrimage to the American Philatelic Society (APS) when it was still located in State College, Pennsylvania. In addition to visiting the sales division, I made extensive use of their library services and resources while I was there. The APS has over 40,ooo members worldwide and its library over 20,000 books and 5,000 journals. The library is in fact open to the public, but only members of the APS can borrow materials. Because many members are not within driving distance (such as myself right now!), around 80% of the circulated items are done through the mail. Now, wouldn't it be great to get this collection digitized!!! Now located in Bellefonte, PA, here's a link to the website >>>> http://www.stamps.org/TheLibrary/lib_AbouttheAPRL.htm

For the marketing report and SWOT analysis I did for my class on special libraries >>> http://rapidshare.com/files/139594353/MarketingAuditSWOT.rtf.html

No comments:

Post a Comment