Libraries that I have used, worked at or simply visited!

Now check out our Flickr page!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Montgomery County, Pennsylvania

The Lower Providence Community Library in Eagleville, Pennsylvania was actually my local library during my brief residence in Southeastern PA. Of course, the first thing I did when I moved there was get a library card! Despite being located in Montgomery County, it was not part of a consortium, although with an "Access Pennsylvania" sticker on your card, all libraries in the state (not just the county) were accessible. I haven't run across this feature in any other state yet and am wondering if this is something perhaps unique to Pennsylvania. It certainly is convenient when you think I could travel clear across the state on vacation and check out items during my stay. Of course, when you consider that I would be receiving the same services of local patrons whose taxes pay for their home library, it does raise some questions. Nevertheless, those same patrons would be able to utilize my local library so perhaps it all comes out in the wash!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment